Okay so I understand that people usually don't get exactly what they're asking for, and there some hard feelings about that, but I don't get how people can out right say they would hate/disown their OWN children if they grew up to be gay. I don't get it. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that when you have children you love them unconditionally, no matter what. I can understand fearing what you don't know, heck I fear what our world could become with people like this in the world. I guess I should explain the whole situation.
I was working with some of my peers and I can't remember how the topic came about, but it was how we'd react if we walked in our kid messing around with someone of the same sex. The two of my peers immediately said they'd freak, kick the kid out of the house, and disown them. They said it didn't matter the kids age either (unless they were like 5, then they'd just beat the kid and tell them its wrong). I can understand freaking out, I mean you just walking in on your kid being sexually active. That's kinda traumatic for any parent. Imagine what it's like for the kid though. Embarrassing much? Add on the fact that they just accidentally outed themselves by being caught. It's ridiculous. Seriously. I just don't get it. I worry about the world sometimes because I know that there are so many people out there who have similar thoughts and opinions as my peers. I wish there was something more I could to either help educate people so they MIGHT change their opinions or at least think about making a change.
I want to protect the children of the future. Especially the "special ones". I want to shelter them from the storm. To let them know they're loved no matter what kind of life they choose. I mean even if your child chooses a life of drugs and crazy things like that, you don't abandon them and just give up on them. You also don't supply them or encourage their habits. But you love them, and you keep loving them. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment