Friday, January 7, 2011

Alienate.

So I would firstly like to say that I have a giant zip developing on the right side tip of my nose. IT HURTS. Ugh. It feels like I got punched and its super sore/tender. Es no bueno. I don't know how to say that in French. Yet. ;-)

Apparently I've been saying some things to the people around me that seems to be alienating me from them...I was informed of this today by one of my leaders. He was kind enough to tell me that when I say I don't care about going out to the range (firing range), or going outside of the wire on a mission, that it widens the gap between myself and my peers. It does this simply because those are things my peers care about a lot and they should be a priority for me also, I am a soldier after all. I really just wanted to ask him what should I say then? What would he like me to do, pretend that those things are a priority for me? Honestly, it's not that I want or don't want to go. I could care less. I'm neutral on the subject. Like I'm not opposed to either, I'll do them. But I'm not going to go out of my way to volunteer for either because I don't care. I just shrug my shoulders. Whatever.

Another thing. I guess I'm getting fat. Because there have been whispers about some leaders talking about how I don't go to the gym" or that I don't work out. Really??? How do they expect me to respect my leadership when I hear they're talking crap about their soldiers behind their backs? If you honestly think I'm not working out, tell me. Just because I don't go and pump iron doesn't mean I'm not working out. I don't want to bulk up and look like a meathead. I want lean and toned. Simple. But then again I guess this is another example of my priorities and individuality differing from those appointed above me and my peers. It's silly really. But whatever. I'll roll along like I do. ^_^

I was gonna do Thankful Thursdays yesterday, but I forgot. SO I'll do it now. :-)

THANKFUL THURSDAY
-Walter and my comforter from home. I'm so glad my mom sent them to me. Falling asleep is so much easier now that I have things that remind me of home, its comforting.
-Awesome friends and family back home that love me for me and support me no matter what.
-That January is already almost over.
-My music. I'm not sure what I'd do without my music/iPod.
-My computer. Again, I'm not sure how I'd function without my computer.
-Internet. Being here in Iraq you really learn to value the little things like internet. And hot showers.


No comments: