Tuesday, June 28, 2011

are you kidding me?

I need opinions about whether or not I'm over-reacting. FML. This is so stupid and I'm honestly pretty fed up with my family because of it. After years and YEARS of crap like this, I'm just done. But of course, they're my family, I can't just wash my hands of them. That's not me. Gah. I mean family is set in my genetic code. I will always hold out faith and hope that they'll do the right thing and that I can trust them, but time after time I'm let down. The realist part keeps me from setting my hopes too high though, which is a double edged sword, a blessing and a curse. Anywho, on with the story.

So I found this nice car while on Craigslist, and I contacted my Mama to ask her to go check it out. Since I'm deployed and all. She does, and she says how much she likes it, what a great car it is, etc. So I have her buy it for me. I also told her to take out some extra money to register it and all that jazz. So she did, with the title being in both of our names. Which I have no problems with since I can't be responsible for it while I'm out of the country. While she was doing all this for me all I asked was that no one drive it, since it was uninsured. Simple request right? I thought so.

Well a few days ago I found out that her and one of my brother have both been driving it. I had contacted both of them and asked if anyone had, both lied and said no one had been driving it around. Which I don't believe. So I got in touch with another family member to ask if they wouldn't mind moving my car from my mom's house to their house and keeping an eye on it. I mean my trust had been betrayed, what was I supposed to do, just leave it there so everyone could drive it around? Not a chance.

I contacted my brother to let him know that one of our aunts was going to come and pick the car up tomorrow to take to her place until I got home. He had no problems with that, even though he'd been using my car to drive to and from work. Next I called my mom. She also had no problem with it. Or so it seemed. So I called my brother back and was just chit-chatting when he got another call. It was my Mom. She had told him to tell me that she was gonna take the plates off the car and that my aunt could come get it today. Needless to say I was quite peeved. After multiple attempts to finally get her on the phone I succeeded. I've never felt like a bigger piece of crap than when I have to listen to my mom cry. UGH! Worst feeling in the world. Which of course made ME start to cry. FML. Crying is one of the worst things.

I'm trying to get some idea of what's wrong and understand, because I have no clue. I mean no one could respect me or my wishes, so I had to take some sort of action. If my car had been part of an accident and killed someone, that'd be partially on me. I mean I paid for the damn thing. But for some reason my Mom just wasn't getting that, and instead was taking it personally. Like I had offended her somehow. I mean, I tried to be nice about it, but that's hard to do when you're being threatened at every turn. Ugh. Then, all of a sudden, my Mom just emotionally cut off. She threw up a wall, stopped crying, and was just like "fine". I felt like the worst person in existence, like such a bad guy, for making my Ma cry.

Now. Did I overreact? I mean should I cut my Ma some slack? Honestly, I feel safer having my vehicle at my aunt's house. For now at least. I have trust issues to begin with, and it doesn't help when my family keeps screwing me over. Like seriously?! Gah. I don't like to trust anyone except myself. It's a deep rooted problem. *sigh* At least I've stopped crying I guess. :-)

1 comment:

Jen said...

You had every right to be upset. I think it's wrong for people to take advantage of you and your situation. You are an incredible person who just gives and gives. You deserve respect. Especially from family.